Given the success of the first, one could not help thinking of also organizing the second. And then for the second year in a row there will be local Fish Festival, a great festival of the sea and sea food dishes that will have as stage the beautiful scenery of Marechiaro. But let’s see what will happen since Thursday, March 31. And from Thursday until Sunday, April 3, 2016 we will celebrate the feast of Santa Maria del Faro on the sea of Posillipo. It ‘a celebration of ancient origins but for over 50 years was no longer celebrated if not last. Now, it will start a new life.
The ancient village of Marechiaro then will be the location of all events. Everything will revolve around the church of Santa Maria del Faro, built in the thirteenth century and which houses inside also some remains of the Roman villa of Pausyllipon, the ancient Roman imperial villa that extends until the Gaiola.
This is the program in detail the four days of celebration:
– Thursday, March 31, 2016, at 13, at the Institute St. Francis of Assisi will be served a lunch for the poor.
– Friday, April 1, 2016 to 17 at the center of the Dehonian Fathers in via Marechiaro, will be celebrated the “Day of the sick and the elderly”.
– Saturday, April 2, 2016 in the evening, 18 hours, there will be the celebration of Holy Mass at the “Lido Marechiaro” and immediately after the immersion of the statue of Our Lady of the Lighthouse.
– Sunday, April 3, 2016 in the morning at 10 am there will be a Mass and, instead, in the afternoon at 17 there will be a procession carrying the Madonna at sea starting from Gaiola.
At 20 pm in the “sea square” of Marechiaro village will open the stands for the second local fish festival. Let’s see what plans the menu.
Ooctopus with potatoes
O’cuoppo of fried anchovies
2/1 surprise dishes
Sweet and beverage
Ticket costs 20 euro
We also give some useful information for Sunday evening:
– Free parking at the complex Il Gabbiano to availability
– We recommend buying tickets in advance at Bar Posillipo, The Lighthouse, The Spotlight, Chubby, Il Giardino, La Vela, Lido Marechiaro, ‘A Fenestella
It also informs that for reasons of public policy from the hours of 19:00 Sunday, April 3 will be prohibited from movement to cars (no motorcycles) along Via Marechiaro and to reach the festival will set up an uninterrupted service of free shuttles.